The sound of the bell brings us back to peace.
* The Bell Meditation
We find peace in our mind by using the sound of the bell to bring us back to ‘the safe island of mindfulness.’
It is a simple means of bringing the mind back to it’s natural state of equilibrium.
For me, it is like the Breathing Meditation by Gen Tharchin, with the meaning of his words implied by the bell.
Within these meditations there are deeper and deeper levels of meaning for us to explore; each more beautiful than the last.
Dear Friends,These are my favorite meditations at present. They are by Thích Nhất Hạnh, the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, zen master, teacher, author, poet and peace activist. He lives in the Plum Village Monastery in the Dordogne region in the South of France. These meditations were recorded there.
1) Short introduction spoken by Thích Nhất Hạnh (2:49)http://db.tt/CG7pcMVG
2) Guided bell meditation spoken by Sister Jina van Hengel, Plum Village Monastery, France (9:51) https://db.tt/ZICgEa5e
This bell meditation includes the following phases of focus:
- In, Out;
- Deep, Slow;
- Calm, Ease;
- Smile, Release;
- Present Moment, Wonderful Moment
3) Guided bell meditation to become more attuned to our body spoken by Sister Jina van Hengel (16:12) https://db.tt/LRMuj6nd
4) Guided bell meditation on myself as a child and my parents spoken by Sister Jina van Hengel (12:34) https://db.tt/aWlRjzvS
5) Bell meditation just the sound of the bell at intervals to allow mindful breathing…
View original post 206 more words