Breathing Peace, Tich Nhat Hanh

Cascais Post Box 10.13 Jpg

Dear ones, in these troubled times we need to be able to calm our minds.
We can do this by returning to the present moment.

This will enable us to let go of our constant worry, and and find peace in ourselves, which will naturally radiate out to others.
This makes us happier,
and enable us to be more focused in what we think and do.

Thich Nhat Hanhc

a

l

m

Breathing in, I calm body and mind.

Breathing out, I smile.

Dwelling in the present moment

I know this is the only moment.

Breathing in, I calm body and mind.”
This line is like drinking a glass of ice water. You feel the cold, the freshness, permeate your body. When I breathe in and recite this line, I actually feel the breathing calming my body, calming my mind.

Breathing out, I smile.
You know the effect of a smile. A smile can relax hundreds of muscles in your face, and relax your nervous system. A smile makes you master of yourself. That is why the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas are always smiling. When you smile, you realize the wonder of the smile.

Dwelling in the present moment.”
While I sit here, I don’t think of somewhere else, of the future or the past. I sit here and I know where I am.

I know this is the only moment.”
This is the only moment that is real. To be here and now, and enjoy the present moment is our most important task.

Calming. Smiling, Present moment, Only moment.”

I hope you will try it.
Thich Nhat Hanh
x

Extract from ‘Suffering Is Not Enough
by Thich Nhat Hanh

B4 PEACE logo

Blog 4 ☮

‘Letters for Peace’, a Be 4 Peace post.
More B4 Peace ‘letter’ posts:

everyday gurus: Monthly Peace Challenge: Peace Begins with a Letter, by Kozo Hattori
 Fish of Gold : Dear Universe

☮ Breathing Space : July Post For Peace
 ☮ Kelly Kuhn : Peace With Silence

Not Just Sassy On The Inside : Letter to Divine Creator
 The Seeker : July Peace: A letter

Peaceful initials to consider in these posts ~
 Becoming a writer : Letters – a Bloggers for Peace post
 heartflow2013 : Letters for Peace

Malala`s Speech to the UN General Assembly

Like this on here:tiny smilie fowie
☮ Breathing Meditation by Gen Tharchin.
Just let go and follow your breath for awhile.

☮ Mindfulness Calms the Mind when you Need it Most (Noisy Neighbours via Thich Nhat Hanh).
Pacify troubled minds with Thich Nhat Hanh’s cooling wisdom.

Monkey! Now is the only reality,
and you will need all of yourself to live it.

☮ Present Moment, Peaceful Moment
Breathe the clean fresh air of peace – come back to the present moment. (Images)

may-peace-be-yours-a-letter-to-my-children

1. IdealisticRebel
    Jul 28, 2013 @ 19:15:15

What a beautiful and stirring blog. I know these words witll touch all of us and that we will be where we are supposed to be. Hugs and peace, Barbara

Jul 28, 2013 @ 19:27:53

Thank you, I know Rebel blog is too. And you’re right. We are where we’re supposed to be, though that is sometimes harder to accept, it helps if we can.

2. IdealisticRebel
    Jul 28, 2013 @ 19:22:23

Reblogged this on idealisticrebel and commented:
    Meditative thoughts

3. Barefoot Beginnings
    Jul 28, 2013 @ 19:39:09

This is very beautiful!

4. heartflow2013
    Jul 28, 2013 @ 20:13:48

Beautiful post, Jas! This is my favorite Thich Nhat Hanh meditation which I played for quite a while in my car on my commute daily (Plum Village Bell Meditations) – and thanks for the pingback in your related articles! Namaste’ ! tomas ☼

5. yogaleigh
    Jul 28, 2013 @ 21:11:03

Thanks for the mention.

6. Kelly Kuhn
    Jul 28, 2013 @ 23:29:35

Thank you for this post – it’s lovely. It’s been a busy Sunday of cleaning and working, and now I’m still and quiet, and reading your post is the icing on the cake!

Thanks also for the ping back!

7. cindy knoke
    Jul 28, 2013 @ 23:40:36

I just quoted him in my blog post today. Synchronicity!

8. Strawberryindigo
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 03:13:39

Beautiful and essential words and meanings. Thank you for sharing. I so much appreciate this.

9. ~meredith
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 11:13:34

Breathing in, I smile to my heart knowing the sangha always is, in every now, right here. Thank you for sharing this beautiful invitation.

~meredith

10. Kozo Hattori
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 04:43:20

Love this, Jas. I don’t care how many times I hear Thich Nhat Hanh’s saying–breathe in, I calm my body and mind; breathe out, I smile–I still am grateful. Such wonderful advice. Thank you for the post for peace. {{{hugs}}} Kozo

Aug 06, 2013 @ 05:53:07

Thank you Kozo 🙂 I feel the same.
      Each time I read it, I practice, and am surprised by how much better I feel.
      And good on you for inspiring so much peaceful energy _(*)_

11. Trackback: The Bell Meditation | Cosmic Loti
  12. Trackback: a wild mind won’t find a peaceful place | Cosmic Loti
  13. Trackback: Peaceful New Year & New Moon Blessings | Cosmic Loti
  14. Trackback: Unconditional Love in the Natural World (Heart to Heart Animal Communication) | Cosmic Loti