THE ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE (Guest Post by Kat Day)

Gratitude. Almost guaranteed to raise our vibration.

“Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.”
Anon

heart-of-gratitude

Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life.

Guest post by Kat Day, intuitive, life coach and beautiful person 🙂

Gratitude attracts what we want

law-of-attraction

The universal law of attraction says that we will attract into our life the things we think about and focus on. When you are consciously aware of your blessings, and are grateful for them, you are focusing more clearly on what you do want in your life and attracting it to you.

Gratitude improves relationships

We learn the importance of saying “thank you” as little children. We are taught that habit because it is “good manners.” This childhood lesson is extremely powerful.

Think about those people that you know who are most appreciative of you – and let you know it. How do you feel about them? Be grateful for people, their contributions, their talents and their actions – and make sure you let them know how you feel.

piglet, pooh, gratitude

Gratitude helps us learn

Behind every problem lies an opportunity. Being grateful for our situation – even if we don’t like everything about it – allows us to be thankful for the opportunity to learn something new.

Learn Gratitude!

Gratitude improves
problem solving skills

Too often we look at problem solving with a very jaded view. “Something is wrong. We have barriers in our way. Then, we have to put in effort to fix it.”

Conversely, when we think about what we are grateful for we open our minds up to new possibilities and connections. We also enter a problem solving situation with a perspective of improvement and opportunity rather than challenge or issue.

how kittens problem solve

Gratitude reduces negativity

It is hard to be negative about your situation when you are thinking about things for which you are grateful. One of the fastest ways to improve your mood or outlook is to count your blessings.

Count blessings not Sheep

Lovely examples of this:

Awakened Lives Life Coaching: Gratitude for Memorial Day
everyday gurus:  gratitude
A CUP OF YOGA: A Never-ending Post

Kat’s Links:

Bradley Stoke, Bristol –
ASPECTS OF LOVE: 4 Week Guided Meditation Course with Kat Daywww.starlightsoul.co.uk

www.meetup.com/bristol-intuitives
www.ourpsychicart.com/katday.htm
www.facebook.com/Kat Day (Starlight Soul)

Image Credits:

Hands – Shift of the Ages blog:
The Transformative Power – Gratitude
Magnet – Miss Fit blog:
Thoughts Become Things >> The Power of Positive Thinking

Learn Gratitude! greatergood.berkeley.edu
How kittens problem solve –  Web MD
Sheep – www.monitoringsoftwareblog.com

DreamBoard Genesis Affirmation©
Through Grace, inspired and influential people are coming into my life. New doors are opening daily, providing me with opportunities to achieve my true potential. I am grateful for the abundance which flows constantly to me now.

1. Trackback: Gratitude | Awakened Lives Life Coaching
  2. Jon Hickery
    May 28, 2013 @ 08:49:23

Very true; very helpful. Thank you Kat and jas! _/\_ Gaw blimey! it works! I just had a compliment from my wife!

3. Trackback: A Never-ending Post | A Cup of Yoga
    May 29, 2013 @ 20:14:05

Thanks 4 this post!!
    LOL

5. sparkyleegeek
    Jun 04, 2013 @ 03:54:59

Hi there! I’m always a fan of your posts, so deep and inspiring, which is why I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! I have written about it on my site, for rules click here http://sparkyleegeek.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/thank-you-very-much-for-the-liebster-award/

Jun 10, 2013 @ 17:26:19

Gosh, thanks! Much appreciated.
      Not doing much just now (reason for late reply), due to migraine and the mysterious disappearance of an ‘update’ button on my edit page.
      Will look into it when everything clears a little…

6. Trackback: Gratitude for blessings received | Greatpoetrymhf's Weblog
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 17:33:06

The sun is setting in my day
    I am blessed in every way.
    The songs of the birds that beg me stay.
    The gifts of living in a quiet way.
    The loving mercy of good friends.
    Oh, my blessings never end.

via :
    Greatpoetrymhf’s Weblog: Gratitude for blessings received
    (With some lovely images :~)

• greatpoetrymhf
      Jun 11, 2013 @ 13:07:40

Thank you kindly for the quote of my wee offering…..Blessings to you and yours….in gratitude…I am following and reblogging it.

Jun 12, 2013 @ 07:48:50

Aww thanks 🙂 Most kind of you.
        Gratitude rocks! I think any day we choose to make gratitude part of our lives becomes a better day because of it.

Uhmm, I’m planning to do another piece on gratitude, I’ll quote your poem in there, if that’s OK (credited, of course. Don’t hold your breath tho, electronic media is making my head swim at present, so a bit slow the now! Soonish, hopefully tho…)
Your blog looks lovely too, will follow suit ❤

8. greatpoetrymhf
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 13:08:43

Reblogged this on Greatpoetrymhf's Weblog and commented:
    A kind mention in the article And a great contemplation for my day. Join me?