The Psychology of Color

¸.•*””*•.¸

Playing with colour is useful and fun!

It can be as therapeutic for adults as it is for kids, and can make a real difference in the grown-up world.
It’s worth knowing about the subtle meaning of colours, and the effect they can have on us.

If we don’t like a colour, we apparently need to spend more time with it, in order to create more balance in our lives.  The Color Meanings & Symbolism Chart gives some more interesting colour connections we can work with.

This isn’t just abstract theory either. I generally dislike yellows and reds. They’re unsettling colours for me. I’m on the blue-violet end of the spectrum, where it feels more peaceful. So I try to incorporate some of those warmer colours into my life, to give that balance.

But for others yellow really is a psychologically pleasing colour symbolising wisdom, while red is all about passion. Blues and greens can be seen as being cold and untrustworthy.

We’re all so interestingly different, aren’t we :~)

What’s your favourite colour? Do you know why?…”

Dedicated to Cala, my brilliant florist.

Alpha Alchemy

If you’re into wicca or chakras, you are familiar with the effects that

COLORS

can have on the subconscious, and if you know Law of Attraction, you know that the subconscious affects the vibrations you are GIVING off and thus ATTRACTING to yourself.

Here’s a really cool graphic on the psychology of COLORS =)

Colors

Original source of Psychology of Color Infographic: http://tiny99.com/965263

View original post

1. dmauldin53
    May 14, 2013 @ 13:32:01

Thank you for sharing this. Very informative. 🙂

May 14, 2013 @ 15:58:35

It’s good, isn’t it. I was doing some background reading on colour theory, and it’s fascinating stuff. I never realised the Law of Attraction was involved before. I’m glad you could use it.

2. mummaz
    May 14, 2013 @ 16:03:10

I seem to like most colours and my wardrobe will confirm this, although black is one of my favourites. What does this say about me, am I warm, emotional and energetic if I wear red. Wise charismatic and generous when I wear orange, or calm flexible and virtuous with blue. In purple I could be passive truthful and quiet. The truth is I would like to think I am all of these things and that is why I am drawn to these colours.
    A very interesting piece – thank you.

May 15, 2013 @ 17:48:38

…And black? Yes a colour of death, but consequently of re-birth too. So it’s not just about grieving, but can be for celebration as well.
      I wear a lot of black too. Blues, greens and purples too. I think maybe we’re drawn to colours according to our mood, and what we wish to attract each day?
      I’m glad you liked the post 🙂

3. gita4elamats
    May 14, 2013 @ 16:41:34

It seems to change with time, currently, it’s green. Not sure why. 🙂

4. Jon Hickery
    May 14, 2013 @ 19:05:37

Interesting post Jas. My favourites are deep greens then, up the spectrum to emerald green (but not lime green; yucky!). Blues from around deep royal up to indigo then, purples up to violet. Not sure why? Any significance in preferences and the aura, do you know?

May 15, 2013 @ 18:22:01

Lime green 🙂 One of my mates hates it too, he say’s it’s too acidic, but I love it! It looks really refreshing to me.
      Your greens sound like gita4elamat’s, though despite the generalized meanings, colour interpretation can be so personal. They could mean hope or peace to you.
      I love the blue spectrum too. It means clarity of mind and tranquility to me. Blue to violet becomes more spiritual, doesn’t it.
      * Not sure about the relationship between preference and the auric colours. Will do some investigation and get back to you….