Do we Feed the Good Wolf or the Bad Wolf?

‘The definition of virtue is

that which brings us happiness.’

via Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine

– and shadows will fall behind you.”

Walt Whitman

☁
2 Wolves

B/W birds on Russian Lake

Dancing Japanese Cranes – Hokkaido, Japan – Simone Sbaraglia

It’s black and white

isn’t it?..

What do you think?

banner

Focus On The Good

Like this:
Poet 4 Justice’s Wolves
(the Cherokee story)
 Everyday Guru’s Friends and Enemies
(The Malleable Keys to Peace)
and Reiki Heidi’s My Own A.R.K.
(Act of Random Kindness)
Bodhisattva in Training’s poem o
n forgiveness
and Electronicbaglady on the challenges and joys of forgiveness

My 1st Bloggers for Peace post!

And because feeding the bad wolf is often our default,
find good reasons to feed the good wolf.

The good wolf benefits most

Besides, nothing annoys your enemies so much as forgiving them ;~)

☁☁

Image Credits:
Inside Each of Us Are Two Wolves and Focus On The Good from Alpha Alchemy
Dancing Japanese Cranes, Simone Sbaraglia, PhotoBotos
Tumblr

=^••^=
* There’s white graphics on this post, but all apologies if the little fluffy clouds don’t show up on your screen, they were artistically irresistible ;~)

1. reikiheidi
    Mar 03, 2013 @ 07:24:06

🙂 Thank you!
    Blessings be

Mar 03, 2013 @ 12:26:49

I found your post by ‘accident’, looking for something else – but it fitted so perfectly! Generosity, humility and love do make for a very a well fed good wolf 🙂

2. electronicbaglady
    Mar 03, 2013 @ 16:39:06

I love the graphic you have shared to illustrate this parable 🙂

Mar 04, 2013 @ 04:16:49

It really works, doesn’t it? I love the yin-yang effect. Borrowed off Alpha Alchemy as a basis for the black and white theme.
      Thanks for the mention as well 🙂 You inspired me to add the forgiveness image.

3. Trackback: Forgiveness – Post for Bloggers for Peace | Electronicbaglady's Bag of Bits
  4. Kozo
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 00:59:23

Love the yin/yang wolf, Jas. Love the Walt Whitman quotation. Thank you so much for this blog for peace. {{{Hugs}}} Kozo

Mar 04, 2013 @ 04:57:00

Thanks Kozo! Inspired by your Bloggers for Peace you know 🙂
      Been working on it since you commented, adding the forgiveness bit. I like the edge that it gives the post, so that was an unexpected bonus.

Mar 04, 2013 @ 20:45:45

The wolf graphic is a good one, but I really don’t think you’ll find it is black and white when you look at it from an everyday perspective. Similarly things aren’t clear cut good and bad. For instance anger isn’t always bad because it enables you to do things you otherwise couldn’t of without it. There’s other examples from both lists which are swapsble too. There’s more reactions to the world than the love and fear spectrum.

Mar 05, 2013 @ 07:49:40

Thanks for answering that one Jinxy
      I don’t know who made the graphic, it came from Alpha Alchemy’s blog, but it looks quite Buddhist to me. Buddha taught that anger is always bad, and brings no good results.

I can see what you mean about some terms being swappable, but you’ve got to be so very careful with that one. I hate when folk tell ‘little white lies’, thinking they don’t matter. But they do!! The more self-cherishing goes into a lie, the more evil it is – and the more damage it does.

But Donnie Darko 乂⍲‿⍲乂 is class and I wouldn’t dream of arguing with him ;~)

• Jerry
      Mar 05, 2013 @ 13:57:30

Yes Jinxy, it is “Black & White” with no varying shades of gray. But as humans mislead by lies that only benefit a very small percentage of planetary inhabitants. we always look for a loophole in the “Universal Laws” to excuse our negative actions or reactions. That my friend is “Fear” driven. The only usefulness of negative emotions for learning “Unconditional Love” through contrast, that which we wish for ourselves and that which we don’t. One can not no love without experiencing fear or hate. Positive could not be realized without the experience of the negative. To think there are varying shades of gray is the same as worshiping to Gods/Creators or what ever works best for you. A house divided shall not nor can not stand. Believing in the negative (primarily) or the negative and positive is why illness, death, fear and hate exist…”No Heaven on Earth”.

• Jinxy
        Mar 07, 2013 @ 23:18:04

Thnx Jerry and Jas, but I am not convinced. I don’t think for example there is intense evil in phenomena like sorrow, regret and ego. Likewise generosity, hope and faith can be seriously flawed. I can see shades of grey in both sides, and those whom I worship have taught it also.

6. Jerry
    Mar 05, 2013 @ 13:44:23

I agree Jas. None of the negative thoughts, feelings or expressions are good. All of those negative thoughts, feelings and expressions prevent or “STOPS” perfect health and a perfect world (Heaven on Earth). Negative thoughts, feelings or expressions are taught and is learned quit well and keeps us down and shackled away from who we really are. They are no more than learned excuses for reacting in a negative or violent way. With “Un-conditional Love” those negative thoughts, feelings and expressions or a total, 100% impossibility.

Mar 07, 2013 @ 08:48:16

via Tumblr: Adventures on a Path, a blog devoted to many things pagan

I don’t know how I feel about this post, but I don’t think I like it.
    How is sorrow evil? Or anger for that matter? Or Guilt? Or Ego?
    In my personal view, they are parts of life, not things to be demonized.
    (also there’s the appropriation of the taoist yinyang symbol but I’m not an authority on that so I don’t feel comfortable commenting on it)

The point is that I believe you should find balance in your life. Yeah, the positive things should ideally outweigh the negative, but that doesn’t make the other side evil. It’s still there. It’s still You. In my personal opinion, he key to happiness does not lie in shutting out that side. (although I still haven’t found that key. If anyone does, let me know).

/rant over

8. Trackback: Powerless – a Bloggers for Peace post | Becoming a writer
  9. Trackback: Thoughts and Affirmations of the White Warrior 19th June 2015 | My Truth, My Words , My Life