Happy Valentine’s Day?

It’s 12:41 am, 14.02.2013
which would work better next year, or even last year, but falls short on the final digit today. Fortuitous really, considering how absurdly abstract today is.

Anyway.  It just turned Valentine’s Day.
I hope yous have a good one.

H♡PPY  V♡LENTINE’s  D♡Y!!
❧❥>‿

Not sure why though…

St. Valentine himself was tortured for his Christian beliefs, and then executed for continuing to minister and help people whilst in prison.
So he wouldn’t have had much reason to celebrate.

What really happened

O , ,, _|___\

Singletons wherever this charade is played out, are dismissed by default as being sad, lonely losers in the game of life.

* We’re not BTW, we’re ace

Couples are obliged to dwell in their wonderous couple-ness.
Two lovebirds separate from the world in their hazy mirage.
Another day it’s got to be perfect.
(If it’s not there’s a subtle sheen of disappointment glistening on the surface.)

./(,”)\.(“.)Cupid crashes - via Daily Art Cocktail
../♥\/█\
._| |__| |_

In fact, and you must excuse my cynicism. But the only ones with any real reason (their overheads already covered) to celebrate, are those who profit from it. They can bank on the silliness of those who play the Valentine’s game to lift the recession blues.

If the above rant means anything, it’s that

Valentine’s Day
means Nothing!

Your’e guaranteed that most of the living beings in the cosmos don’t have any conception of the Valentine’s phenomena, and wouldn’t care for it if they did.
For instance, not being able to eat it or play with it, my dogs would pee on it and walk away. I reckon that’s a fine example of how to treat Valentine’s Day.

No Stress

Stress?! What for?
It’s a day made up by the media!

Doesn’t matter if you’re a couple or a singleton.
Just enjoy the sticky, pink confectionary, smile at the day’s events and share some love if you can.
* love means so much more when it’s unconditional and freely given anyway.

Just keep breathing if you don’t feel up to that.
It’s OK, just watch you breath and walk away.

* It isn’t necessary to pee on anything. (Unless you really want to ;~)

Banksy Dog Valentines

More like this:
Dissolving Cupid into Dream-Like Emptiness in here
Respect Your Lovein My Soul’s on Ice

Attachment Vs. Love in Kadampa Life:
Happy Valentine’s Day to Everyone and
Being Realistic

1. Trackback: Reflection for today…Respect Your Love -Jimi Hendrix « MYSOULSONICE
  2. gita4elamats
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 07:08:13

Reblogged this on ELANA – The Voice of the Future.

3. Luna Kadampa
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:12:18

Not a fan, I can see! And poor St. Valentine!

I pee on the attachment celebration, but I do like thinking of it as a day to feel love for everyone — just another reminder. Not an attachment day. Not a lonely day. A connected day. We choose who and when we love, and love makes the world go around.

Feb 14, 2013 @ 14:47:24

Ah Luna, you and Pi have so much more wisdom than I do!
      If Valentine’s Day was marketed as a ‘connected day of love for everyone’ then I would be so into it!
      But that take on it hadn’t even occurred to me until a few years back. I wonder how much most folk even consider extending the sort of love St. Valentine had for others on his named day (especially here in the UK).
      Something to aspire to though, isn’t it 🙂

4. Pi
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 13:14:51

hey dear darling. Not sure why this feel like bitterness to me. Aversion and attachment go hand in hand. I like valentines, not for the sales and profits others make but because people may actually remember to be kind to one another through little tiny actions, like hand written cards, special breakfast or one line emails, whatever is simple and meaningful not needing money if you ‘d like. I never actually celebrated valentines but i can see that if people make a sincere effort to cherish one another one day in the year at least, might help continue the trend a bit like training the mind to love others. So while all is imputation, imputing a day to especially cherish others can be a good thing.

Feb 14, 2013 @ 14:26:57

Well spotted my dear, good to see you and Luna are on the same wavelength 🙂 Though not so much bitterness, more like hate! (So not much better, aversion being hatred.) A total rejection of the plastic demands of folk to live the Hollywood dream. We don’t need an excuse to cherish each other, surely being alive is reason enough for that.
      ‘Valentine’s Day’ isn’t about cherishing each other, not how it’s sold in the UK, anyway. Here it’s about desirous attachment and all it’s related evils. I’ve lived through more than 40 Valentines Days here, single and coupled, and have seen the effect it has on people. It’s a day of dissatisfaction, subtle or plainly felt. Another bad day in samsara.
      LoL, don’t get me started!
      :~*

5. Trackback: Dissolve Cupid into Dream-like Emptiness « Cosmic Loti
  6. Strawberryindigo
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 18:34:27

Everyday is for LOVE as far as I am concerned! 🙂

7. mummaz
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:26:05

Continuing St Valentines love for mankind should be the object of our thinking, not losing his message in a frenzy of overblown sentiments on cards etc. Loving is an act of give and take, to be practiced at all times. Oh to be perfect!