to ‘lonely’ from Israel (and everywhere else)

Dear ‘lonely’ from Israel’
I don’t know who  you are,
but you were my 1st hit on Sunday morning.
  And to the other folk who visit the 2 posts on loneliness here.

You are not alone!

See, I know this for sure, because Thich Nhat Hanh says “Loneliness is one of the afflictions of modern life… it is universal in our society.
– If it’s ‘universal’- you can’t be the only one.

Some of these lonesome souls sometimes visit those two little outposts as well.
I wrote them ages ago – with a friend who suffered terribly from loneliness.
He described it as an “open wound. It hurts, and feels like it won’t ever heal.” I don’t want anybody to feel that bad.

I don’t see him anymore, and I miss him.
I can’t reach through the monitor and give him, and everyone else a smile and a wave

– so here’s a screenshot – made with lots of love – instead.

Shanti

Facebook conversation between Luna Kadampa and Shanti:
One of the best opponents to loneliness is the meditation on the kindness of others, the interconnectedness we share on every level.
Yes. It’s our illusion of separateness that makes people feel lonely

“We are all interconnected in a web of kindness from which it is impossible to separate ourselves.”

Eight Steps to Happiness. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

d
y

i
s

nb.
Card from Tharpa Publications
Click on images to make biG

posts here on loneliness vs. being alone:
Alone isn’t so Lonely for Christmas Day
Make Friends with Loneliness (via Pema Chödrön)

1. Trackback: Alone isn’t so Lonely « Cosmic Loti
  2. Trackback: Make Friends with Loneliness (via Pema Chödrön) « Cosmic Loti
    Aug 28, 2012 @ 17:09:51

Thank you for your post. I often feel lonely. It helps to remember all the other lonely people out there.

Aug 31, 2012 @ 16:21:48

☆ Thanks for all the likes guys!

5. RaucousRabbit
    Sep 01, 2012 @ 16:05:51

Makes me think of the title of a This Mortal Coil lp, Lonely is an eyesore. I watched a film (twice over the past week actually) called Toni Takitani, a Japanese film about someone who is incredibly lonely. Japanese films often have a strong element of tragedy, but it is as described ‘A beautiful poem to loneliness‘ Recommended. I often feel very lonely, but I have gotten to the stage where I am just accepting it as a part of my life now, painful as it is, it is sometimes better to just accept something than to carry on trying to overcome it and often failing.

Sep 03, 2012 @ 10:24:30

Asian film-makers do tragedy so well, don’t they? I’ll look out for it, thanks. Have you seen ‘How to be Alone‘? It’s an ace video on YT.
      That’s brave of you to accept loneliness. We seem to be programmed to expect something better. But pain is an inevitable part of life isn’t it. We’ll never overcome suffering as long as we’re in samsara – it’s part of its nature. Realising this is part of the freedom that renunciation gives us.

• Reggie
      Nov 18, 2012 @ 21:17:32

It’s great to read something that’s both enjoyable and provides pragmatic solutions.

6. RaucousRabbit
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 17:05:59

Ahh, loneliness can be painful but isn’t always so bad, after all, there are so many idiots out there, I’d rather be alone than be in their company . I brought the subject of loneliness up at my group meeting t’other night, and someone mentioned something called Alone and Empowered, which I must check out. When I said the thing I most often fear is being old, infirm and alone, at least 3 other ppl said, I’d be there with them as well. Interesting … Thanks for suggesting How to be alone, I will take a look 🙂

Nov 25, 2012 @ 04:55:47

LoL yeah, that’s why I’m still single 😉
      Have put ‘Alone and Empowered’ on my to Google list, thanks.
      And it is interesting, how many folk feel lonely – there must be so many in Bristol alone, not knowing about all the other lonely people in the same town.

7. Vhievhie
    Nov 18, 2012 @ 15:57:29

I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am for having found out about you last year through a post of a friend about you on Facebook. I admire your faith, strength, courage and perseverance from the bottom of my heart. You are a wonderful woman who is accomplishing a divine mission on Earth by changing so many people’s lives. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Dec 03, 2012 @ 12:38:32

Thank you Vhievie, that’s a beautiful thing to say.
      It’s the aim of the blog to reach out and make a difference, however small. I never know if it’s helping, so it’s good to get that feedback.
      But I believe we can all work together to promote world peace. It starts with changing our own minds. That is a divine mission that each one of us has.