a wild mind won’t find a peaceful place

B4Peace October: This month’s Peace Challenge – a Dream of Peace, is kind of aborted before it’s started. All apologies.

I have the most chaotically un-peaceful mind just now, which doesn’t even want to sit still, let alone watch the shallow breathing that’s going on.

insomnia

My uncontrolled mind just wants to sleep, which it can’t; or watch random movie trailers on You Tube.
(and I know I’m not the only one.)
Yup. Failing to find oblivion and desperate for release, my mind is scrabbling around for whatever easy and vacuous distraction it can find.
Anything but the tears/depression/anxiety/hopeless internal rage. And did I mention the tears?

Perverse isn’t it?
My agitated mind doesn’t even want peace!
I do, I want to sit quietly, being peace. I’m missing that blissful state of mind.

** I’m trying to count my breaths, which does seem to help :~)

breathe

My Dream of Peaceful Place

So I think that’s what my Dream of a Peaceful World would be like.
It would be a world where everybody genuinely wanted peace, and everyone knew how to get it.
And could!

* Where the power hungry destroying our planet, and the discontented wasting their time surfing online, were equally rich in inner wisdom.
✿ڿڰۣ

Then naturally, beauty and order would prevail.
And the world would be a peaceful place.

The Universe is abundant. There is quite enough time, space, food, water and resources for us all.
* This is scientific fact as well
So there’s no reason for anybody to go short; and certainly no good reason for anyone else to think that they should.

All beings would be regarded as equal, whatever their age, gender, race, belief system or species.
(The species thing is important. We can’t have real peace if behind closed doors or across the world, others are screaming out in pain, just not in our language.)

Where everyone is authentic to themselves and others.
There’s no point in deceit, so why do it?
Just be honest with yourself and others, and wish sincerely for their happiness.
Much better.

“Whatever you do in this world,
always be true to yourself.”

in fact…

all U need is love

all we need is love

B4 PEACE logo

B 4 ☮

More Like this:

✌ Monthly Peace Challenge: I Have a Dream

✌ Dream of a peaceful mind: Spunky Wayfarer
✌ Cosmic Loti: The Bell Meditation, and Breathing Peace

︻╦╤─
“Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it.  If we’re frantic, life will be frantic.  If we’re peaceful, life will be peaceful.”

Marianne Williamson via Breathing Space: October Post For Peace

All  images and authors:  Cosmic Loti on Tumblr

What would Your Most Peaceful Place be like?
Comment below, and let us know….

1. bert0001
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 12:27:27

What would Your Most Peaceful Place be like?
    Comment below, and let us know…
    When I’m sitting on the train, I usually find a lot of peace, just watching out the window. Peace should be found closeby to where and when you are.

Oct 21, 2013 @ 16:27:40

Oh, you’re so right, it should be. And when we have peace inside, the external world is a better place, isn’t it. Enjoy your train rides, Bert my dear.

2. ~meredith
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 12:59:44

;) Yes.

3. Sun
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 13:53:58

love is the key – thanks for sharing and thanks for the mention. ♥

4. Strawberryindigo
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 15:28:48

Great post. I totally identify…I know peace comes from within but for me being in the forest surrounded by tall fir trees is very peaceful and a glorious respite from the city.

Oct 21, 2013 @ 18:45:44

Blow up anybody who doesn’t agree with your idea of peace!! HaHa.
    I can see the Rockefeller cabal and Obama watching thier breath instead of the increasing militarisation of the US police. Not.
    I mean, its a sweet story, but does you r idea of inner happiness match thiers?

Commiserations on the delusions, BTW. Looks like a bad place to be in, so good luck with clawing your way out of it.

Nov 03, 2013 @ 19:00:21

Thanks Jinxy, it’s all calmed down now, I’m happy to say.

But blowing up folk who don’t agree with you is a proven fail, isn’t it.
      Was that your point? And as for those in charge, that’s where they’re completely missing the point, isn’t it. Sure, they’ll get external riches, but since when did power and wealth make for happiness?
      Unless there’s love and peace inside, real joy will be impossible to find.

6. stockdalewolfe
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 00:46:25

Too often I want to escape into music and dance or sit to meditate with a noisy mind jumping from one thing to another like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower. Nature does it for me but I don’t always have access to it. Poor excuse, I know. Great post!

Oct 22, 2013 @ 16:05:32

Thanks Ellen, lovely analogy. And yes, being in nature is so restorative, isn’t it. I find even being in the garden helps. Have lots of pot plants too, for when I can’t get out.

7. mummaz
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 10:52:53

Walking does it for me, seeing the beauty all around, each season brings its own interpretation of peace and loveliness and stills my mind.

Oct 22, 2013 @ 16:09:41

You’re right mummaz. I love watching how our local park changes through the seasons, and the natural cycle of things. “Brings its own interpretation of peace and loveliness…” is just the right way of putting it as well.

8. Kozo Hattori
    Nov 11, 2013 @ 22:28:28

Love this, Jas, especially “We can’t have real peace if behind closed doors or across the world, others are screaming out in pain, just not in our language.”
    Your vision holds so much wisdom. I agree that we need to be totally honest and authentic with ourselves before we can have peace in the world. Thank you so much for this wisdom and love. Hope you are feeling calm knowing that this too shall pass. {{{Hugs}}} Kozo

Nov 12, 2013 @ 07:31:44

{{{{{Kozo}}}}} Yes, it did indeed pass, and I do feel happier now; much more peaceful. Looks like I had shit to work through, but didn’t consciously realize it until it manifested externally. Guess it was a necessary thing.
      But see what your B4 Peace Challenges do?! They make us look inside when we’d really rather not, and shine a light into the Shadow’s dark corners.
      Thank you dear Kozo, for challenging us to be better people, fit to fly the flag of peace.

• Kozo Hattori
        Nov 14, 2013 @ 17:05:53

Jas,
        I just saw Thich Nhat Hanh who said there is a “deep connection between suffering and happiness.” Hope the suffering brought deep happiness. {{{hugs}}} Kozo

9. aman
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 05:12:05

hello,

the peace of mind to allow yourself to be guided

10. Trackback: Infusing the Moment with Attention | Living is Not Mental Illness
  11. Trackback: Talk Yourself into a Better 2014 | Cosmic Loti

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 474 other followers